Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Demi Lovato & Joe Jonas Do Something Awards

From DailyMail

A run-in with the ex can be a nightmare at the best of times, but most of us don't have to do it on live TV .

Joe Jonas only narrowly avoided an awkward moment with his ex Demi Lovato on the red carpet in Hollywood last night.

The pair knew they would be attending the VH1 Do Something awards together for months in advance but after they split in May the evening was set to be fraught with tension.


A grim-faced Demi, 17, did what any woman would and pulled out all the stops with a slinky designer dress, glitzy Louboutin shoes and freshly highlighted hair.

But Joe, 20, who is part of mega-hit band the Jonas Brothers, wasn't there to see his former love's efforts.

Joe only arrived to meet the press after Demi had finished walking the carpet, ensuring the pair would never have to meet, at least in public anyway.

Look what you're missing: Demi went all out to show Joe her best side last night
During the show, both Demi and Joe separately took to the stage to present awards, so at least Joe got to admire Demi's glamorous outfit at that point.

The duo had better be friends quick though, as they are commited to touring together starting next week.
The pair, who went public with their relationship in March, first met on the set of Disney's Camp Rock in 2007. The following year, Demi went on tour with the Jonas Brothers.

When this year's new tour was announced, Demi told People.com: 'I'm fortunate that I get to work with the person that I'm in the relationship with, rather than being across the country and texting him, I can have him hold my hand when I'm tired.'

But that hand-holding was not to happen, because in May the couple split, with Joe telling People.com: 'I realise over the time we have shared together that I feel I care more about our friendship right now. It was my choice to break up but I love her as a friend. She's been there for me when I needed her. I will continue to be her friend and be there for her.'

Joe added, 'Demi and I knew going into our romantic relationship that it may not be an easy one.'
With a huge teen following, the break-up made for hot gossip and Demi took to Twitter to silence speculation, writing: 'There are so many crazy rumors flying around today. I'd like to clear a few things up. First, Joe and I did split but it wasn't over the phone. Things didn't work out but we'll remain friends. Secondly, I am NOT dating anybody already. Nothing is more important to me than the relationship I have with my fans. Just thought you guys should know this.'

Joe famously wears a purity ring. He told Details magazine in 2008 that the rings, also worn by both brothers at the time, were ‘promises to ourselves and to God that we’ll stay pure till marriage.’

Joe has also dated singer Taylor Swift, 20 and actress Camille Bell, 23.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Popular Post!